Hyde County COVID-19 update
Cases are going down again. The current numbers are listed below and there are no noticeable trends.
- Total cases 681
- Recovered 668
- Deaths 8
- Active 5
If you have tested positive for COVID-19, you must isolate yourself as follows:
- It has been 10 days since your first symptoms, AND
- It has been 24 hours since you have had a fever without using a fever reducing medicine, AND
- Your symptoms have improved.
If you are a close contact to a positive case:
- Quarantine for 14 days past the last exposure to the case,
- Get tested immediately if you have symptoms, or 6 days after last exposure to case if no symptoms,
- Report new symptoms to the Health Department, and
- Seek medical care when necessary.
Continue to practice the 3 Ws, and as always, the Hyde County Health Department remains available to the public to answer questions and provide education. We can be reached at 926-4467 Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. for COVID appointments. For 24/7 on-call services, dial 1-866-462-3821, the Coronavirus Hotline.
Get your information from reliable sources, such as:
- CDC www.cdc.gov/Coronavirus
- NC Division of Health and Human Services, www.ncdhhs.gov,
- Hyde County Health Department, www.hydehealth.com, 252-926-4399
Stay safe and healthy.